Tuesday, August 2, 2011

From the Best to Worst Dream of My Life

The dream started off amazing. I was going to work and we started changing the store around and eventually the store like magically changes into this AMAZING looking thing. I show up for work like five hours early. My friend Mike is sitting on the couch I sit on the opposite end. We discussed life as we usually we. Then somehow we winded up playing footsies.. Don't ask.
Then out of nowhere I hear a familiar voice, I turn around and it's Randy! I haven't seen him in for ever so I latched on to him and hugged him for like 20 minutes, few tears fell down my face because, well I miss him.
Then I left the shop with four hours to spare. Dakota is like 3 in this dream for some reason by the way. But anyway I remember him saying he wanted to go to church for once. So I take him, Auggie, and my sister Abby. It was hard enough for me to concentrate while in church alone. But in walk this, what I thought was couple but turned out to be cousins. Anyway, I noticed the guy straight away. It was my friend from England who I actually haven't talked to in a while, which I guess in my dream I was angry for it.
He kept trying to get my attention. First he "flipped me off" which when you're from England flipping someone off just looks like the peace sign, just saying. ;) anyway, I noticed it but I was so angry that we haven't talked I completely ignored it. Pretended I didn't notice him, but in reality my heart was beating so fast I could hardly breathe! I started shaking and I wanted to run over to him, hold on and never let go. His cousin started trying to get my attention too, wailing her arms all over the place. But I just ignored it. I took Dakota Auggie and Abby to this crawl space behind where the pastor was sitting.it was awfully roomy for a crawl space. Any who.
So I take out my iPad and we all play games on it. Then I feel a tap on my shoulder, it was him. By the way I'm not reviling his name. I turn around and well.. This was out conversation. I start.
"How did you get to America, why'd you come to America, who is she, why are you here, and why now."
"Well, hi to you too"
"Excuse me for not being excited. You've ignored me for about a month now. Thanks so much for letting me think you hated me.. It hurt you know. What happened to "I'll never stop talking to you for now reason" and "dorkmates for life!" guess that went down the shitter, huh?"
"You have every right to be angry with me but.."
"But what!? I told you I love you and I get ignored? Cool story bro."
"Look.. Duchess.."
"Don't duchess me"
Then there was an awkward silence until Dakota goes "I'm bored with these games, I want new ones!"
The guy from England took out his iPad and let him play on it. It made Dakota happy, so of course I started feeling a little better. After all making Dakota feel good is the way to my heart. So I look to him and this is the next conversation..
"Sorry about.. Coming off as such a bitch, I was just.. Hurt, yannow? I've never opened up to a guy like that and to have him ignore me.. It hurt. It hurt a whole fuck of a lot."
"I understand, but I'm here now, mean anything to you?"
I just smiled and nodded my head. Dakota started yawning so I pick him up and we all head outside. He takes Dakota from me and Auggies leash and says "I'll be right back" so I start getting to know his cousin who was a pretty nifty chick. I liked her a lot. CJ comes back, no Dakota, no Auggiw.
"Where are they?"
"Napping. I'm staying upstairs so I thought since they were tired I'd put them to sleep. But, my flight leaves in three hours so you can have the room the rest of the night"
"How long have you been here?"
"About a week, I've been looking for you.. So glad I finally found you. I actually flew all the way out here just to apologize and let you know I love you too"
At this point I latched on to him he hugged me just as tight. I was pouring tears, he was crying a little too. After like a thirty minute hug, we kiss. And lemme tell you, best dream kiss ever guys. It was amazing.
So all this is amazing right? Awesome fucking dreams. But here is where it turns for the worst.
He says
"But you understand we can never be together. Which is why I stopped talking to you. And we can never speak again after this. I wanted you to know that there is no other out there like you. And you're going to make a guy very happy someday.."
"And that guy can't be you?"
"I'm sorry duchess. It just can't be."
"But you said you love me"
"And I meant it"
"So that's it.you love me, but you never want to hear from me again?"
"Well it sounds dumb when you put it that way."
"Because it is."
"I'm sorry..
"Don't apologize. Just get the fuck out of my face."
He and his cousin hopped in the next taxi cab and left.
Heartbreaking right? Oh. It gets worse.
So I'm allowed to bring my brother to work now because everyone loves him. I go upstairs to get him.. Turns out the guys "renting" the place to the kid in England were cold blooded murderers. I get upstairs and my little brother was torn limb for limb. I got on my knees and just cried. Could not stop crying as I held Dakotas head. Cried and cried. For this of you who don't know, Dakota is my everything. So my world came crashing down.
Then I woke up in literally a pool of tears. The dream was so realistic I almost called in to work to take the day off because I was so upset.
I wish I would've just woken up after the "I Love You" scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment